Unrecognized

[Source] World of Warcraft launcher

Hello everyone,

I always had this idea to create a game launcher and I'm busy with a project now together with a close friend and classmate and we needed a custom launcher for it. We are not experienced in building one ourselfs, so we went looking for one. There was only one problem, there is not a single finished launcher source for the private server we are creating so we went on looking for another game launcher which was finished and I stumbled uppon this World of Warcraft launcher source.

We can't use this launcher source so I decided to share it with you guys, I uploaded it on my MediaFire account so the link won't expire unless I remove or rename it. Whenever the link is dead please send me a private message and I will take a look at it.

434f1bc30f984217b7a8deb7c8477f39.png

This application/launcher is without a login system, if you want one you have to create it yourself! You can also change everything inside this launcher from images to text and settings to URLs.

NOTE: I have not made this launcher nor did I have anything to do with the development of it!

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

I'm sorry for the hide tag, this is to prevent anyone from leeching someone else his/her work and for people to show their appreciation.

Kind regards,

Dion.

8 hours ago, Death said:

Not quite on par but is definitely a start. Thanks for sharing (y) 

I know, but most of the launchers I've tried the "START" button wasn't even working. This one has a working start button, maybe I'll look into the design and features to improve it a little.

Awesome share, does it really look like the original Battle.net launcher?

It's a quite good rip off to be honest!

If you could have like expansions out to the left like Cataclysm and such it would be better and then a news feed in the middle where Blizzard would normally put their news or whatever. 

Awesome share what so ever :)(y) 

4 minutes ago, R3T4RD said:

Awesome share, does it really look like the original Battle.net launcher?

It's a quite good rip off to be honest!

If you could have like expansions out to the left like Cataclysm and such it would be better and then a news feed in the middle where Blizzard would normally put their news or whatever. 

Awesome share what so ever :)(y) 

Well it's totally open-source, so you can always add new things or change things you don't like about it. I've not enough knowledge to work on this project, but maybe someone else can as long as they give credits to "OneLife" I think he/she is the original author, creator or designer.

Just now, Unrecognized said:

Well it's totally open-source, so you can always add new things or change things you don't like about it. I've not enough knowledge to work on this project, but maybe someone else can as long as they give credits to "OneLife" I think he/she is the original author, creator or designer.

That's really awesome, i can pass it to my friend @meuq, i'm working on a repack or server i don't know what it will turn out to be yet but if it's a repack it'll be my first (y)
He might be interested in developing further on it, if i ask him really nicely. :)

-I know he can do some awesome stuff that would complete it. :) 

Just now, R3T4RD said:

That's really awesome, i can pass it to my friend @meuq, i'm working on a repack or server i don't know what it will turn out to be yet but if it's a repack it'll be my first (y)
He might be interested in developing further on it, if i ask him really nicely. :)

-I know he can do some awesome stuff that would complete it. :) 

Sounds good, I'm curious about the result already. (if he's going to finish it at all ofcourse)

Just now, Unrecognized said:

Sounds good, I'm curious about the result already. (if he's going to finish it at all ofcourse)

Me too, it's he's birthday today so he's not online on my teamspeak server.

Some weeks will probably pas because i want to be ready to show-off the server to him and when i do that im gonna ask him if he want to join and complete it, then release info about the server when everything is ready. Then he's job at first would be to do the launcher, if he decides to go with that it would be awesome, but he will probably make he's own i don't know. :)

Good afternoon friends! Presenting your attention the announcement of a future update.

Main.jpg

MainForm

• We started to develop a method that will work with the user data. We have added display user name in the main window.
  • It is planned to create a session for the user who has used self information to enter the program, to enable the user to change his/her data (change password, change account information and work with the characters).
  • Added function to change the form size. In the future we plan to add other information sections (In addition to the banner and hot news block).

newsTab.jpg

News Tab

• We also added a feature that displays the selected news server, and improved the design of the news tab.

Changes in code

• Changed the design of certain controls, such as: ListBox, Combobox, Scrollviewer
  • Improved code in some classes.
  • Methods have been developed to combine the same type of code (Delete Cache, Realmlist, Getting a list of characters and more).
  • We are grateful to the user Vanasis Baboomi for providing a patch for a news banner (Changed the appearance of animation elements).

Updates Release is scheduled for 10.24.2016. Demo you can download in the "Downloads" ( CLICK )  (link updated)

Just now, OMGhixD said:

@WowSuite I love that you post updates. But wouldn't an own Thread be suiteable for such? =)

I agree with you, I am sorry for the spam. I have added this post in my topic