Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
empire

feedback
To Many Welcoming messages

9 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been posted or not but when I came alone I see more topics and post about welcoming an new incomer then anything else :( It's cool but over the top. That's right I do go on the activity page :) 

I don't see an point of this topic but make some delay and slow it down so that the real deal topics can be seen and posted. 

5 minutes ago, Death said:

If only IPB would offer more stream configuration options. >.<

I have the same plugin, Yeah it would be cool to have what boards that can be streamed and have the welcome board disable. Has it been mention on IPB?

I'm impressed that you get so much new members there is always people joining everyday. lucky but then you been open for an very long time.

On 12/29/2016 at 10:27 AM, empire said:

I'm impressed that you get so much new members there is always people joining everyday. lucky but then you been open for an very long time.

We average 20 new members per day which is not good but not bad either. We have been running for around 4 years now but you cannot rush quality. We'll enjoy the downtime until it's over. :)

I know that the welcoming can be  a little much at times however I think it is a nice feature especially since the community can also get a notification of new joining members and welcome them also.  It helps bring the community together and makes members feel welcome to the community in my opinion

On 1/14/2017 at 9:28 PM, DPCoder said:

I know that the welcoming can be  a little much at times however I think it is a nice feature especially since the community can also get a notification of new joining members and welcome them also.  It helps bring the community together and makes members feel welcome to the community in my opinion

I also have the same plugin and it's nice. I even added it to my secound new website and it's nice as they get emails sent. However my end is small and lordcraft is allot bigger. It tends to put of some members as all they see is new welcome topics. there are more welcome topics then other post/topics and when I see that new member join they don't post much