Jump to content
Valtorei

[Signature] Grenth

Recommended Posts

it is indeed a interesting signature, however i believe there is a poor choice of render and stocks in this signature, its really static from my PoV and i believe it could be improved by finding better images to work with. u can also try to use the "blur" tool on the parts where its really static and pixelated. This will create a more smoother end on your product / item

 

I'd also like to see more colors, perhaps more lightning (make certain places on the item lighter/brighter) perhaps take advantage of a Lens flare ? Theres a lot of things that could make this signature pop out. make it stand out. if you want i could try to make something from your render and stocks to perhaps show it a bit more visually.

 

 

-- Nothing Negative Just funny i guess. The fact that your thread is not centered is killing me xD (OCD FTW)]

Sincerely

OMGhixD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OMGhixD said:

it is indeed a interesting signature, however i believe there is a poor choice of render and stocks in this signature, its really static from my PoV and i believe it could be improved by finding better images to work with. u can also try to use the "blur" tool on the parts where its really static and pixelated. This will create a more smoother end on your product / item

 

I'd also like to see more colors, perhaps more lightning (make certain places on the item lighter/brighter) perhaps take advantage of a Lens flare ? Theres a lot of things that could make this signature pop out. make it stand out. if you want i could try to make something from your render and stocks to perhaps show it a bit more visually.

 

 

-- Nothing Negative Just funny i guess. The fact that your thread is not centered is killing me xD (OCD FTW)]

Sincerely

OMGhixD

Like, 90% of what you just told me made no sense, not going to lie. I only did signatures with @Wabbit and @Katos. Once they stopped teaching me and us three went our separate ways, I stopped using Photoshop all together. This was simply something I used to see if my Photoshop still even ran as I had to re-install it with a new crack. I was never good to begin with lol.

 

Also, note that the signature itself is to look like a "calling card" of sorts. It's showing a runic, or old runic language (signifying "magic") with a dark undertone to signify darkness or death. Something to push light and vibrant away. Grenth is the Guild Wars god of death so it fits to have him there. He's also not supposed to blend into the background, but instead seem as if the background is something staged. Hence the shadows at the bottom and lighting at the top to show more of a dark "light" featuring only part of his body to introduce him. Simply put, using basic skills and like, five minutes of free time, I made this.

 

Also, centered text is really nerve wracking unless posted in something like a review. It's personal taste. Thanks for the feedback though! If I pursue anything more seriously, I'll definitely keep all of that information in mind. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Valtorei said:

Like, 90% of what you just told me made no sense, not going to lie. I only did signatures with @Wabbit and @Katos. Once they stopped teaching me and us three went our separate ways, I stopped using Photoshop all together. This was simply something I used to see if my Photoshop still even ran as I had to re-install it with a new crack. I was never good to begin with lol.

 

Also, note that the signature itself is to look like a "calling card" of sorts. It's showing a runic, or old runic language (signifying "magic") with a dark undertone to signify darkness or death. Something to push light and vibrant away. Grenth is the Guild Wars god of death so it fits to have him there. He's also not supposed to blend into the background, but instead seem as if the background is something staged. Hence the shadows at the bottom and lighting at the top to show more of a dark "light" featuring only part of his body to introduce him. Simply put, using basic skills and like, five minutes of free time, I made this.

 

Also, centered text is really nerve wracking unless posted in something like a review. It's personal taste. Thanks for the feedback though! If I pursue anything more seriously, I'll definitely keep all of that information in mind. :)

 

I believe my post makes very much sense from a designers point of view. If you didnt quite understand it then im sorry, Perhaps its my grammar or im just not that easy to understand in general idk. I feel that you are trying to cover up on the signature rather than trying to improve, i used to do this myself in the past... however you wont be able to improve until you follow others guidelines. Provide the Stock/Render and i'll try to show u.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 10:03 AM, OMGhixD said:

 

I believe my post makes very much sense from a designers point of view. If you didnt quite understand it then im sorry, Perhaps its my grammar or im just not that easy to understand in general idk. I feel that you are trying to cover up on the signature rather than trying to improve, i used to do this myself in the past... however you wont be able to improve until you follow others guidelines. Provide the Stock/Render and i'll try to show u.

Lol, I'm saying that I'm not a designer. I just got bored and did this and explained my thinking. But here.

jauEx4G.png

runic_partchment_01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sad that we have fallen out of touch. PM me your Skype and I'll add you. My old Skype won't allow me access because Microsoft sucks.

i will CC this piece later when I have a little more time :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for the delay in CC for this.

The following is intended as constructive criticism please do not take this harshly.

 

Considering your extremely difficult stock and render choice, the outcome is impressive, and I commend you even more considering you're "not a designer". This is impressive. With this in mind, I thought I would provide some CC to help you in the future.

placement

chO0miO.png

Your placement is what made this most difficult for you, you should consider moving it to the right a little, so that your right side of the signature isn't so empty. 

 

Colouring

This is a touchy, and sensitive subject, but I feel that your colouring needs a little work. I feel that darkening the edges and adding spotlights would work wonders for your theme, and really help to highlight the "runic" and mystic theme that you were going for. Here's an example:

 

ZTukrBV.png

(this is just a quick and rough example)

As the above shows, darkening the edges helps to focus ones eyes on the render and the mystic text behind. This helps to set the mood and makes the signature seem less "empty". I have also duplicated the text behind the render and added a colour dodge to make it pop out a little more. Again, to help set the mood.

 

I disagree with @OMGhixD's suggestion of blurring, it takes too much away. Darkening (like above) would suffice in my opinion.

I do however, agree with the lighting aspect, which is my next point.

 

Lighting

As the above colouring edit shows, the left (as you look at it) is darker than the right. So we need to reflect this with our lighting:

Personally, I feel your lighting would be best like so:

nyb7VYx.png

 

So, use a soft brush with white opacity in this sort of area.

I used two layers, one near the render, and one near the top. Play around with opacity to achieve desired effect:

I also darkened the bottom to achieve something like this:

IP32rxW.png

(Again, this is just a quick and rough example)

 

I hope that this CC goes towards helping you, and that you continue to develop your GFX. I see a lot of potential and I hope you continue it. I look forward to seeing more! 

 

disclaimer: These are suggestions intended to help the OP and should not be taken in an offensive manner. The suggestions are subjective and not definitive. Please take with a pinch of salt and use to experiment on your design(s). Enjoy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really well put CC @Katos. @Valtorei, I hope you do learn and take an account from Katos CC. Other than that the outcome of this signature is really impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Suraf said:

Really well put CC @Katos. @Valtorei, I hope you do learn and take an account from Katos CC. Other than that the outcome of this signature is really impressive!

Appreciate your kind words! Worked hard on the CC to try and provide support for @Valtorei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really cool but i'm a bit confuse about whats around the standing guy. On the left side behind him is that his shadow? it looks like his shadow but at the same times it looks like is part of his physical body.|-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GeminiAntonelys1D said:

really cool but i'm a bit confuse about whats around the standing guy. On the left side behind him is that his shadow? it looks like his shadow but at the same times it looks like is part of his physical body.|-(

Good spotting :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×