Sign in to follow this  
ravish123

Cmake problem

Question

I'm using a Trinity source that used to work for me using Visual Studio 2013, but I recently cleaned my C drive which contained some stuff for visual studio and I guess in doing so must have broke Visual Studio 2013 from working properly with Cmake or any source of that matter. It's a built upon source not by me but by someone I know, help would be appreciated. The problem lies in Cmake not being able to find the compiler or something: https://imgur.com/a/XF8RC I've tried multiple solutions, looked up the problem but nothing is helping, repairing, reinstalling, etc. Here are the Cmake logs: https://pastebin.com/yS3tgRnV
Visual Studio 2017 doesn't work for the source, I suppose it doesn't support it(Again It is not the up-to-date trinity source, it is a custom source built on with trinity but out-of-date for those of you who may tell me to use 2017, and is a 4.3.4 not 3.3.5)

5 answers to this question

oh windows.. allowing users to screw the pooch since 1995..

Since you say you've "cleaned some stuff" you likely removed files that where required somehow. Best option would be to uninstall visual studio and cmake completely, restart your computer, run a registry cleaner (ccleaner) to remove orphaned keys, and then restart again.

Now you can reinstall both programs as normal and all file associations and paths should be restored.

This warning is to tell you that your topic will be closed in 72 hours should no replies be made. 

If you still need assistance, please reply to the topic.